What is Sports Thread?
Sports Thread, based in Denver, Colorado offers a social media-based, self-promotion, and communications platform for the 40 million high school athletes in the United States. Sports Thread helps all student-athletes to achieve their dreams of playing college sports, regardless of their individual skill level, socioeconomic status or geographic location. Sports Thread is also used by tournament, club and league organizers.
How does Sports Thread get high school athletes exposure?
Sports Thread puts the athlete in control of their own destiny.
- Profile Page: Athletes are able to convey who they are to college coaches through their Athletic Digital Identity (profile) to college coaches for evaluation.
- Sports Thread Chat: College coaches are able to contact any athlete through Sports Thread Chat from their profile.
- Coaches Communication System: Allows athletes to contact nearly any college coach at any college with Email templates that guide them through the process of promoting themselves. College coaches receive customized Emails from high school athletes briefing them on the athlete’s progress, grades, etc.
- The Thread: A centralized feed to all members of Sports Thread featuring every post made to an athlete’s profile page. The more an athlete posts the more exposure they get.
How do I set up my Sports Thread profile or Athletic Digital Identity?
Once an athlete logs into Sports Thread for the first time they will be prompted to begin filling out their Athletic Digital Identity (profile). If an athlete needs to access their profile page after this, they can click “menu” then “edit profile”. Sports Thread’s profile pages have boxes with headers that mark what to put in each one. Athlete’s profile pages also allow them to upload pictures and videos from their camera roll as they would on many other social media sites. Athletes can also insert URLs (web addresses) from external sites like Max Preps, Hudl, and YouTube by simply pasting them into the marked boxes.
There is also a brief “how-to” video available on the first step of the self promotion process that will guide you step-by-step.
When is the Sports Thread App available, what does it cost?
The Sports Thread iOS mobile App and Android App is available today for free from the Apple App store and Google Play store.
How is Sports Thread different from recruiting companies?
Sports Thread offers under one platform a complete set of features to help high school athletes obtain a college scholarship. Those Features are accessible via the website or App and include:
- Messaging between college coaches and athletes
- Group messaging for teams, friends, and coaches
- Upload unlimited highlight videos
- College information including virtual reality tours, recruiting rules and financial aid information
- Multi-sport athletes can input information using a single account with features such as email templates, bulk emailing, push notifications, Twitter feeds, college wish lists, and a live “feed” of social media posts
What are some similar Apps?
Similar, but less robust, apps include CaptainU and Field Level.
Does registering with Sports Thread violate NCAA rules?
Registering with Sports Thread does not violate NCAA regulations. High school athletes should talk to their high school coach regarding any restrictions on social media activities and visit the Prospective Student-Athlete page of the NCAA website.
Do college coaches read Emails from recruits?
Yes. College coaches receive Emails from high school athletes every day. College coaches know that they need to read these emails; they need the strongest recruiting classes possible and cannot miss a great player who has interest in playing for them.
Sports Thread athletes are recommended to contact every coach at a college of interest. You never know which coach is reading emails but you can rest assured one of the coaches on staff is. Once an athlete receives a response from a college coach they should treat them as their point of contact and only send information to that coach.
When should I start promoting myself to college coaches?
Youth athletes should begin promoting themselves to colleges as early as seventh grade. College sport programs – particularly in women’s sports – begin to make offers to athletes in these years.
By beginning to build an Athletic Digital Identity early in their careers, athletes can document their progress and growth as they mature which will help college coaches project their ability level in college.
Who is Sports Thread for?
Sports Thread is for everyone in the athletic community:
- Youth Athletes
- High School Athletes
- High School Students
- High School Coaches
- College Coaches
- College Athletes
- College Students
- Sports Fans
How many college coaches can be reached on the Sports Thread platform?
Our app has nearly 2,000 colleges and 55,000 sports teams’ information on it including college coaches’ contact information. College coaches do not have to be a Sports Thread member to review profiles of athletes on the platform. Through Sports Thread’s Coaches Communication System (CCS) nearly every college coach is available to be contacted through the platform.
When did Sports Thread start?
Sports Thread officially launched on September 26, 2017 and has been in “stealth mode” for the last 2 years as the company has built many concurrent product releases all leading up to the product which is available today. More information on the Sports Thread product can be found on the Product section of this site.
How do I reach customer service?
Our friendly and knowledgeable customer services reps are available to answer your questions. Email email@example.com or reach out to us through direct message on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or Twitter.